First sod turned on new Bay & Basin Ambulance Station
14 December 2017
Today the sod was turned on the construction of the new Bay & Basin NSW Ambulance station.
The new site at The Wool Road, St Georges Basin will support the existing ambulance station at Huskisson and enable local NSW Ambulance paramedics to better meet the current and future demand for emergency medical care needs in the Bay & Basin area and surrounds.
This is a significant milestone in the NSW Government’s election commitment to build a new ambulance station at Bay & Basin as part of the $122 million Rural Ambulance Infrastructure Reconfiguration (RAIR) program.
The sod turn marked the beginning of main works on the station which is scheduled for construction completion by late 2018, followed by a carefully managed fit-out and operational commissioning phase before paramedics transition into the facility.
Once completed, the new NSW Ambulance station will include:
- Parking bays for up to four ambulance vehicles to ensure our infrastructure is ready to meet projected patient demand increases over the next decade and beyond
- Administration and office areas
- Logistics and storage areas
- Training / meeting room
- Relief accommodation
- External vehicle wash bay
- On site staff parking
- Deliveries and loading bay