First sod turned at Kiama
December 1, 2017
Today the sod was turned on the construction of the new NSW Ambulance station at Kiama.
The sod turn event marked the beginning of main works on the station which is scheduled for construction completion by late 2018, followed by a carefully managed fit-out and operational commissioning phase before paramedics transition into the facility.
The new station, located at Terralong Street next to the fire station will enable local NSW Ambulance paramedics to better meet the current and future demand for mobile emergency medical care in Kiama and surrounds.
Once completed, the new Kiama NSW Ambulance station will include:
- Parking bays for up to four ambulance vehicles to ensure our infrastructure is ready to meet projected patient demand increases over the next decade and beyond
- Administration and office areas
- Logistics and storage areas
- On site staff parking
- External vehicle wash bay
- Deliveries and loading bay